New Dawn New Day runs Leicester Women’s Counselling Centre which offers accessible, high quality psychological therapies for women and girls.
Access to counselling has always been a key element of our holistic, wraparound support and we endeavour to secure funding to be able to offer this service to our clients who have complex needs.
In addition to this we also offer
- A specialist domestic abuse counselling service
We work closely with United Against Violence and Abuse (UAVA), our local provider of domestic and sexual abuse services, to provide free counselling to support women’s resilience and recovery following abuse. You can contact UAVA to ask about support by calling the helpline on 0808 80 200 28 or by visiting their website
- Affordable Private Counselling
At Leicester Women’s Counselling Centre we offer an affordable professional counselling service. Our fees are very competitive and are charged at £25 per session. We also have a limited number of sessions available at £15 and these are available to women who are in receipt of benefits. There is a high demand for these places and we operate a waiting list.
How can counselling help ?
Counselling can help women to make lasting, positive changes by
- Understanding themselves better
- Making sense of the thoughts, feeling and behaviours which may cause them distress
- Becoming more able to feel, express and manage their emotions
- Becoming more confident
- Expressing themselves more appropriately and effectively
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Improving relationships with others, including partners, parents, children, friends and work colleagues.
Women seek counselling for all sorts of reasons but often because they:
- Feel depressed or anxious
- Have low self-esteem
- Find it hard to express or manage their emotions
- Have eating-related problems
- Experienced neglect and abuse in childhood
- Misuse drugs and/or alcohol
- Struggle to maintain healthy relationships
- Are bereaved
- Have experienced a traumatic event
- They have been a victim of violence, including domestic violence, sexual assault and rape.