New Dawn New Day runs Leicester Women’s Counselling Centre which offers accessible, high quality psychological therapies for women and girls.
Access to counselling has always been a key element of our holistic, wraparound support and we endeavour to secure funding to be able to offer this service to our clients who have complex needs.
In addition to this we also offer
- A specialist domestic abuse counselling service
We work closely with United Against Violence and Abuse (UAVA), our local provider of domestic and sexual abuse services, to provide free counselling to support women’s resilience and recovery following abuse. You can contact UAVA to ask about support by calling the helpline on 0808 80 200 28 or by visiting their website
- Affordable Private Counselling
At Leicester Women’s Counselling Centre we want women to be able to afford our service for as long as they need it. Counselling can be short, medium or long term and the fees we charge are offered on a “sliding scale” depending on household income and what our clients can afford to pay.
How can counselling help ?
Counselling can help women to make lasting, positive changes by
- Understanding themselves better
- Making sense of the thoughts, feeling and behaviours which may cause them distress
- Becoming more able to feel, express and manage their emotions
- Becoming more confident
- Expressing themselves more appropriately and effectively
- Reducing stress and anxiety
- Improving relationships with others, including partners, parents, children, friends and work colleagues.
Women seek counselling for all sorts of reasons but often because they:
- Feel depressed or anxious
- Have low self-esteem
- Find it hard to express or manage their emotions
- Have eating-related problems
- Experienced neglect and abuse in childhood
- Misuse drugs and/or alcohol
- Struggle to maintain healthy relationships
- Are bereaved
- Have experienced a traumatic event
- They have been a victim of violence, including domestic violence, sexual assault and rape.